Follow the Feathers
Based in Vienna, Austria
PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch
Weaving Tides is a charming singleplayer adventure game for PC and Mac set in a vibrant woven world. Ride carpet dragons and use their ribbon tail to overcome torn areas, solve textile puzzles and challenge quirky creatures. Travel through the lands of the silken desert, spun forests and the moth kingdom to investigate the whereabouts of your parents …and eventually unveil long forgotten secrets of the woven world.
Experience a big, strange new world full of adventure and secrets. In this world Tass seems to be the only one of his kind - a human. Accompanied by his foster dad, Kilim he sets out to chase the mysteries of his past. However the world he calls his home is undergoing some dark, unexplained changes and what once lied dormant beneath the weave awakens.
- Unique weaving gameplay: Stitch and cut your way through the textile landscape. Use the weavers abilities to wrap up your foes and conquer tricky zelda-like dungeons and puzzles. Choose the weaver which fits your playstyle and outfit them with mystic embroideries to further enhance their abilities.
- Explore a vibrant woven world: Dive into an enchanting, textile landscape and be swept away by the colorful cast of characters with fully hand painted portraits and the captivating musical score.
- Uncover hidden mysteries packed in a charming story: Gather eccentric allies on Tass' quest to find his parents, assemble fragments of the past and eventually unveil the long forgotten secrets of the woven world.
- Creative Playground Mode: Unlock new, colorful ribbons for your Weavers during the campaign and use them in the playground feature to freely stitch and create your own digital embroidery.
2020-04 Gameplay Trailer YouTube
2018-05 Developer Interview @ EGX Rezzed YouTube
2018-04 Developer Interview @ Reboot Develop YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist (Winner tba)" Game Development World Championship - online - 2019
- "Best Adventure" DreamHack Winter - Jönköping, Sweden - 2019
- "Official Selection" FM4 Indie Area @ Game City - Vienna, Austria - 2019
- "Official Selection" Indie Arena Booth @ Gamescom - Cologne, Germany - 2019
- "Finalist Innovation" BIG Festival - São Paulo, Brazil - 2019
- "Finalist Best Art" Game Access Conference - Brno, Czech Republic - 2019
- "Finalist Best International Indie Game" Poznan Game Arena - Poznań, Poland - 2018
- "Winner" ReVersed, PC Indie Pitch - Vienna, Austria - 2018
- "Official Selection" EGX Rezzed, Leftfield Collection - London, UK - 2018
- "This game is crafty, and not in the sneaky kind of way, but in the wholesome kind of way [...]"
- Jamie Sharp, Power Up Gaming
- "Weaving Tides exudes an incredible amount of charm and beauty thanks to its highly imaginative and gorgeous level-design."
- Luke Frater, Pocket Gamer
- "The game doesn’t just create intriguing gameplay of mysteries and adventures but also tugs at your emotional heartstrings [...]"
- Ryan Brown, Indie Game Magazine
- "[...] You can just embroider to your heart’s content in the creative mode, which is something I’ve never seen digitised before."
- Jay Castello, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Weaving Tides is one of the few games that takes a carpet as its setting."
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "In a world filled with combat-centric games, Weaving Tides looks like a beautiful escape"
- Henry Stenhouse, All Gamers
About Follow the Feathers
We’re a small independent studio from Vienna, Austria. For the past six years we have worked together as a tight-knit team and developed our games - YoKaisho and NIVA - which were honored with various international awards and nominations. We thrive to create family friendly experiences which captivate our players through their curious game mechanics and mesmerizing art style. We are currently working on our next game: Weaving Tides.
Weaving Tides Credits