Follow the Feathers
Based in Vienna, Austria
PC / Mac
Weaving Tides is an isometric singleplayer adventure game for PC/Mac set in a completely woven world. As a human child you befriend and ride the weavers which are dragon-like, flying creatures with an endless ribbon tail. Along the way you will use the weavers’ unique stitching styles to overcome torn up areas and quirky creatures. Travel through the world’s manifold layers and visit villages made of cloth on your quest to investigate the whereabouts of your parents. Weaving Tides is currently in a pre-alpha state.
After seeing a curious looking tree during a stroll whose bark looked like it was woven Verena (Ren) Demel, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Follow the Feathers, imagined a completely woven world and wondered about it’s inhabitants. What would the environment, the creatures and their lifestyle look like? Who could have created it? For about a year she kept revisiting this idea again and again until it developed into an actual game idea about dragons called Weavers with ribbon tails who could stitch through the surface of the world. She arranged a presentation and pitched it to her team who were thrilled by the idea. They did a game jam within their team to explore the games possible mechanics for a span of 24 hours to determine whether they should further pursue this idea. After this it was clear that they wanted to keep going.
- 5-6 hours to complete the main adventure
- Explore a completely woven world
- Core Abilities: stitching, dashing, cutting, diving
- Advanced Abilities like pulling objects, wrapping enemies, ...
- Various types of weavers with special abilities
- stitch freely in the Playground mode and share your creations with others
- A fun but emotional narrative which unfolds through character dialogues and environmental storytelling
- Optimized inputs for current gen gamepads and keyboard and mouse
2018-05 Pre-Alpha Footage YouTube
2018-05 Developer Interview @ EGX Rezzed YouTube
2018-04 Developer Interview @ Reboot Develop YouTube
2017-05 Stugan Application YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "ReVersed, PC Indie Pitch" Winner - Vienna, Austria - 2018
- "EGX Rezzed, Leftfield Collection" Official Selection - London, UK - 2018
- "Weaving Tides is an ingenious isometric stitch-em-up with a charming art style"
- Chris Payne, @qixotl
- "Weaving Tides relies on a unique textile world and an unusual game mechanic. (translated from german)"
- Stephan Freundorfer, Gamestar 06/2018, page 21
- "This indie game is sew fascinating!"
- Frank Meijer, UTOMIK interview with Verena Demel from Follow the Feathers
- "Weaving is the focal point of his work - but instead of a loom he uses the computer (translated to English)"
- Newspaper: Vorarlberger Nachrichten 2018/06/28, vn.at
About Follow the Feathers
We’re a small independent studio from Vienna, Austria. For the past five years we have worked together as a tight-knit team and developed our games - YoKaisho and NIVA - which were honored with various international awards and nominations. We thrive to create family friendly experiences which captivate our players through their curious game mechanics and mesmerizing art style. We are currently working on our next game: Weaving Tides.
Weaving Tides Credits