Follow the Feathers
Based in Vienna, Austria
May 1, 2018
Press / Business contact:
1100 Wien Favoriten
We’re a small independent studio from Vienna, Austria. For the past five years we have worked together as a tight-knit team and developed our games - YoKaisho and NIVA - which were honored with various international awards and nominations. We thrive to create family friendly experiences which captivate our players through their curious game mechanics and mesmerizing art style. We are currently working on our next game: Weaving Tides.
History2017-now: Weaving Tides
Flow adventure set in a completely woven world. Currently in development by Follow the Feathers.2015-2016: NIVA
Pacifistic exploration art game set in an enchanting forest. Created during our master-degree in a team of 10 people.2014-2015: YoKaisho
Augmented reality boardgame for 4 players, set in ancient Japan. Created during our bachelor-degree in a team of 7 people.
Weaving Tides YouTube
There are far more images available for Follow the Feathers, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ReVersed, PC Indie Pitch: Winner - Vienna, Austria - 2018
- EGX Rezzed, Leftfield Collection: Official Selection - London, UK - 2018
- Art Directors Club Germany: Bronze - Stuttgard, Germany - 2017
- Casual Connect, Indie Prize: Official Selection - Berlin, Germany - 2017
- Austrian Computer Graphics Award: Best Game - Vienna, Austria - 2016
- Austrian Computer Graphics Award: Best Student Project - Vienna, Austria - 2016
- Subotron Live Pitch: Finalist, honourable mentions by jury - Vienna, Austria - 2016
- Austrian Computer Graphics Award: Best Game - Vienna, Austria - 2015
- Animago Award: Nominee - Berlin, Germany - 2014
- European Youth Award: Shortlist: Connecting Cultures - Online - 2014
- "Weaving is the focal point of his work - but instead of a loom he uses the computer (translated to English)"
- Newspaper: Vorarlberger Nachrichten 2018/06/28, vn.at
- "Unlike many of the modern games, it does not require any shooting and killing. Everything is pretty calm and peaceful."
- NIVA: Pacifistic Exploration Art Game, 80.lv
- "Tip: the beautiful "NIVA" made by Austrian students (translated to English)"
- Rainer Sigl, derstandard.at
- "NIVA is a soothing, pretty, and charming experience"
- Steve Gill, gamingrespawn.com
- "A peaceful adventure (translated to English)"
- Seldell, indiemag.fr
- "Like an old Disney-Movie (translated to English)"
- Robert Glashüttner, fm4
- "A relaxing and enjoyable game with a great art style, soothing music and a nice journey."
- Oliver Snyders, futurebetagamer.com
- "NIVA is exploring the natural circle of a forests life in a playful way (translated to English)"
- Alice Wilczynski, 4players.de
- "YoKaisho wants to show that analog as well as digital media have a right to exist (translated to English)"
- Digital Production, digitalproduction.com
- "Being nominated alongside gamestudios like Ubisoft, Electronic Arts and Crytek is already a great achievement by itself (translated to English)"
- Christine Pachler, animations-and-more.com
For the music in our games we often collaborate with Timo Jagersberger: http://timojagersberger.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator